Created in 1998 by the CCI Paris Ile-de-France, the French Evaluation Test (TEF) is an international benchmark test that measures your level of knowledge and skills in French. The validity of the results is two years.
The TEF is officially recognized by:
• the French Ministry of National Education
• the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
• the French Ministry of the Interior
• the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada
• the Ministry of Immigration, Francisation and Integration of Quebec
• the Swiss State Secretariat for Migration
WHAT IS E-TEF USED FOR?
e-TEF assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
Depending on your project, choose the appropriate e-TEF version:
- Study in France: TEF pour les études en France
- Immigration to Canada and/or application for Canadian citizenship: TEF Canada
- Immigration to Québec: TEFAQ
For more information on the different versions available, please refer to the website of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris Ile-de-France.
WHICH EXAMINATIONS CORRESPOND TO WHICH TEST ?
The TEF is a modular test. Depending on your objective and the steps you take, you should register for the TEF version that includes the tests you need. Please note that for some versions of the TEF, the tests must be taken during the same session.