If you are a professional, Professional French Diplomas (DFP) are the assessment that could best suit you. This type of diploma is assessed by practical exams corresponding to real situations in professional life. It is available in specialized diplomas according to the branches of activity.
These diplomas are practical exams that assess written and oral communication skills in French in the main situations of professional life. The Alliance Française de Pondichéry offers the variants of the DFP exam in the following areas:
- Business DFP (B2, C1, C2): certifies that the candidate is able to use French effectively, orally and in writing, in the main situations of professional communication and that he is operational in the functions relational, administrative and commercial aspects of the company, where the use of language is largely predictable.
- Secretarial DFP (B1, B2): attests to functional competence in French, limited to specific situations of secretarial professions (establishing a schedule, filing documents, organizing a meeting, etc.).
- Tourism DFP (B1): attests to functional competence in French, limited to situations relating to the fields of tourism, hotels and restaurants.
- Scientific and technical DFP (B1): attests to functional competence in French, limited to situations relating to the scientific and technical fields.
- Law DFP (B2): certifies that the candidate is able to use French in everyday situations of a professional activity in the legal environment and that he can therefore handle legal language effectively.
Note: The Law DFP exam is a language exam, not a law exam. The candidate is not required to have precise knowledge of a specific legal regime.
- Medical DFP (B2): this diploma is intended for people practicing a medical or possibly paramedical profession, non-French speakers, who work or are called upon to work with French-speaking health professionals and/or on medical documents written in French .
For more information, visit the website: http://www.francais.cci-paris-idf.fr/diplomes/